What you need
¾ cup flour
½ cup cornflour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 tablespoons pistachios
90g butter, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons chilled water
185g PHILADELPHIA Original
Spreadable Cream Cheese
100g CADBURY White Baking
Chocolate, broken into pieces
2 tablespoons caster sugar, extra
1 egg, extra, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon orange liqueur
Pistachio Mendiants, for decoration (see below)
1. COMBINE the flours, sugar, pistachios and butter in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg and water and pulse briefly to combine. Gently knead until smooth. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
2. ROLL out the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper to 3–4mm thick. Chill for 10 minutes until just firm. Cut 18 x 7½cm rounds with a fluted cutter and press into 18 x ¼ cup capacity plain or fluted patty pans. Prick well with a fork and bake in a hot oven 200°C for 5–8 minutes or until lightly golden.
3. COMBINE the PHILLY and chocolate in a saucepan. Stir over a low heat until chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and whisk in extra sugar, extra egg and liqueur.
4. POUR the chocolate filling into prepared bases and bake in a slow oven 150°C for 8–10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on a wire rack before removing from the pans.
Serves: Makes 25
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Skill Level: 3
100g CADBURY White Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces
1 tablespoon finely chopped pistachios
1. MELT two thirds of the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Remove from the heat then add the remaining chocolate and stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
2. Drop melted chocolate in teaspoonful amounts onto a piece of baking paper. Sprinkle some pistachios onto the centre of each. Allow to set before topping each tart with a Pistachio Mendiant.
Whatﾒs not to love about the sweet scent of baking drifting through the house on a cool day? Try white chocolate liqueur tartlets with pistachios.