What you need
1½ cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
125g butter, chopped
¼ cup caster sugar
1 cup dried cranberries
Juice of 2 oranges (approximately 2⁄3 cup juice)
125g butter, extra, softened
125g PHILADELPHIA Light Block Cream Cheese
½ cup caster sugar, extra
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs, extra
2 tablespoons orange liqueur
11⁄3 cups ground almonds
50g CADBURY Baking White Chocolate Melts, melted
1. COMBINE the flour, salt, butter and sugar in a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and pulse to combine. Gently knead until smooth. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
2. ROLL out the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper to line a 26cm round fluted tart pan with a removable base. Prick well with a fork. Bake in a hot oven 200°C for 15–17 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool.
3. COMBINE the cranberries and orange juice in a saucepan and cook over a medium low heat, for approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until juice is absorbed and cranberries have softened. Cool.
4. BEAT the extra butter, PHILLY, extra sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the extra eggs and liqueur then fold through the almonds. Pour into prepared base and sprinkle over the cranberries.
5. BAKE in a slow oven 150°C for 50–60 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan. Pipe the white chocolate over the tart and allow to set. Slice and place on serving plates. Serve immediately.
TIP: You may omit the chocolate drizzle if desired.
The name frangipane refers to a light and delicious filling made with almonds, coupled with the tang of cranberries and some white chocolate... oh my!