What you need
175g butter, chopped
100g CADBURY Baking Milk Chocolate Melts
1½ cups icing sugar
¾ cup plain flour
¼ cup CADBURY BOURNVILLE Cocoa
1¼ cups ground almonds
6 egg whites
1½ cups icing sugar, extra, sifted
Red food colouring
White writing icing
1. COMBINE the butter and chocolate in a saucepan and gently heat to melt until smooth. Cool a little.
2. SIFT together the icing sugar, flour and cocoa, add the almonds, then stir through the cooled chocolate mixture.
3. WHISK the egg whites until foamy then fold in the almond mixture. Spoon into 12 greased and base lined friand pans.
4. BAKE in a moderately hot oven 190°C for 20-25 minutes or until cooked when tested. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out of pan to cool completely. Store in an airtight container until required.
5. MAKE a bright red icing by combining the icing sugar with a little water and red colouring to make a spreadable consistency. Top each friand with some. Stand until firm then use white icing to make “stitches”. Store in an airtight container until required.
OK footy fans this yummy chocolate friand is perfect for the finals!