What you need
180g CADBURY Baking White Chocolate, broken into pieces
125g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
125g butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons coconut essence
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup flour
1 cup SR flour
1⁄3 cup desiccated coconut
1. PLACE the chocolate, PHILLY, butter, sugar, milk, vanilla and coconut essence in a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the chocolate and butter have melted. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
2. WHISK in the eggs, sifted flours and coconut until smooth and combined. Spoon mixture into a greased 24cm fluted cake pan.
3. BAKE in a moderately slow oven 160°C for 60–70 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Cool.
4. DECORATE the cake with Vanilla Bean Roasted Pineapple and serve drizzled with syrup.
Serving Suggestion: Vanilla Bean Roasted Pineapple
Vanilla Bean Roasted Pineapple
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
1 small pineapple, peeled, halved lengthways and cut into 1cm thick slices
8 thin slices root ginger
¾ cup sugar
½ cup white rum
2 tablespoons vanilla bean paste
1. ARRANGE pineapple in a single layer on a lined baking tray and top with sliced ginger. Combine sugar, rum and vanilla and pour over pineapple. Gently toss to coat.
2. BAKE in a hot oven 200°C, turning occasionally, for 35–45 minutes or until pineapple is golden and syrup has thickened slightly. Syrup will continue to thicken as it cools down. Use as required.
TIP: If pineapple juices appear to be drying up, add 2 tablespoons of water during the cooking process.