What you need
6 eggs, separated
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups flour
½ cup CADBURY Bournville Cocoa
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons coffee flavoured liqueur ( optional)
2 teaspoons vanilla
395ml can condensed milk
375ml can evaporated milk
1/3 cup cream
180g CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate, broken into pieces
Berries, for serving
Cream, for serving
1. BEAT the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Continue beating, whilst gradually adding the sugar, until mixture is thick and glossy. Add the yolks and beat until combined. Add the sifted flour, cocoa and baking powder in 2 batches, alternately with the milk, liqueur and vanilla, mix until smooth. Pour the mixture into a greased and lined 34cm x 22cm baking pan.
2. BAKE in a moderate oven 180OC for 30-35 minutes or until cooked when tested. Cool on a wire rack, but do not turn out of the pan.
3. COMBINE the condensed and evaporated milk with the cream in a saucepan. Gently heat, stirring, until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until melted.
4. PIERCE the cake all over with a skewer and slowly pour over the milk mixture. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before refrigerating overnight.
5. REMOVE the cake from the pan and stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before cutting and serving with berries and cream.
This large, moist and saucy Easter chocolate cake is perfect for your family Easter celebration.