What you need
500g PHILADELPHIA Spreadable Cream Cheese
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 cup thickened cream
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
110g finely grated CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate
¼ cup caster sugar, extra
¼ cup coffee flavoured liqueur (Kahlua, Tia Maria)
2 teaspoons CADBURY Bournville Cocoa
500g unfilled rectangular sponge cake, cut horizontally across the cakes to make 1cm thick layers
CADBURY Bournville Cocoa, extra, for dusting
Fresh berries, for serving
1. BEAT the PHILLY, sugar, cream and vanilla bean paste with an electric mixer until smooth then fold through the chocolate. Reserve ½ cup of the mixture.
2. COMBINE the extra sugar, liqueur and cocoa in a microwave safe jug and cook on HIGH for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Cool.
3. PLACE 1/3 sponge into a baking paper lined 20cm square cake pan (ensure the paper extends 5cm above the top of the pan to allow for easy removal). Brush or drizzle with a 1/3 of the liqueur mixture.
4. SPREAD half of the PHILLY mixture evenly over the sponge. Repeat the sponge and PHILLY layers, finishing off with a third sponge layer. Cover with cling wrap and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
5. INVERT the cake onto a serving platter and spread top and sides with reserved PHILLY mixture. Lightly dust with cocoa. Chill for 30 minutes before serving with fresh berries.
HANDY TIP: Use a serrated knife to cut sponge into layers. Use a rectangular sponge (20cm x 14cm approximately). Substitute madeira cake for the sponge, if desired.