What you need
4 eggs, separated
½ cup caster sugar
¼ cup cornflour
2 tablespoons CADBURY Bournville Cocoa
125g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, softened
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup icing sugar, sifted
300ml thickened cream
100g CADBURY Baking White Chocolate, coarsely grated
Here the traditional chocolate Christmas log is “snow covered” with frosting.
1. BEAT the egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Sift the cornflour and cocoa onto the surface and lightly fold through the mixture.
2. BEAT the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Stir a quarter of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until smooth then fold through the remaining egg whites. Pour the mixture into a greased and lined 38cm x 25cm Swiss roll pan.
3. BAKE in a hot oven 200°C for 10-15 minutes. Turn out onto a clean tea towel that has been lightly dusted with icing sugar. Carefully remove the paper and roll up along the long edge. Place on a wire rack and leave rolled until cool.
4. BEAT the PHILLY until pale and creamy and then add the vanilla and icing sugar and beat to combine. Add the cream and beat until thick.
5. UNROLL the sponge, spread evenly with some of the cloud frosting (PHILLY mixture) and then roll up again. Cut a thick diagonal slice off one end of the sponge and attach it to the side to resemble a branch on a serving platter.
6. LIGHTLY spread remaining cloud frosting (PHILLY mixture) over the sponge. Sprinkle with grated chocolate to coat then refrigerate until firm.