What you need
250g butter, softened
½ cup icing sugar mixture
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons cornflour
½ cup almonds, toasted and finely chopped
500g CADBURY Baking Milk Chocolate Melts
Sprinkles, for decorating
1. CREAM the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the sifted flour, cornflour, and the almonds. Turn onto a floured surface and gently knead together.
2. ROLL tablespoonful amounts of mixture into 20cm long sticks and place on greased baking trays.
3. BAKE in a moderate oven 180oC for 15-20 minutes or until cooked and lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before lifting off onto rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container until required.
4. PLACE the chocolate into a plastic microwave proof bowl. Microwave on 50% power in 20 second increments, stirring the chocolate between each burst of power. You will need 3 or 4 x 20 second bursts, then 1 or 2 x 10 second bursts. Only microwave the chocolate until about 75% of it has melted. The rest will melt as you stir it, due to residual heat. (Using a digital thermometer to gauge the temperature takes the guess work out of the process. For milk chocolate heat only to approx. 29-30°C)
5. DIP each shortbread in the melted chocolate until half coated then allow the excess to run off. Place on a baking paper lined tray then sprinkle the decorations over the chocolate end. Allow to set at room temperature .Store in an airtight container until required.
These chocolate dipped shortbreads are lots of fun and lovely to share. They can also be wrapped and given as a gift.