What you need
1 cup mixed dried fruit
1/3 cup Marsala, brandy or dark rum
1 teaspoon mixed spice
2 litres CADBURY Creamy Vanilla Flavoured Ice Cream, softened slightly
½ cup toasted slivered almonds
110g packet CADBURY Crunchie Sprinkles
150g packet OREO Classic, crushed
40 butter, melted
225g CADBURY Baking Milk Chocolate Melts
½ cup thickened cream
2-3 tablespoons Crème de Cacao liqueur
CADBURY Baking Milk Chocolate, grated, for decorating, optional
1. COMBINE the dried fruit, Marsala and spice, cover and stand overnight.
2. COMBINE the dried fruit mixture with the ice cream, almonds and Crunchie and mix well. Spoon into a plastic lined 21cm x 11cm loaf pan, cover and freeze until firm.
3. COMBINE the OREO and butter then press evenly over the top of the icecream. Cover and freeze overnight.
4. COMBINE the milk chocolate, cream and liqueur in a saucepan and very gently warm until melted and combined. Cool slightly.
5. TURN the cake out from pan onto a serving platter. Decorate with milk chocolate if desired, and serve with chocolate sauce.
It is always time for ice cream, so make your next Christmas cake an ice cream one!