1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, butter and vanilla extract.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together until no flour bits remain and all the ingredients are well combined. Try not to over-mix the batter.
6. Spoon the batter into the donut cavities in a pan, only, filling ¾ of the way full.
7. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and transfer the donuts onto a wire rack until cool.
9. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler, stir and dip the donut into the melted chocolate. Return to the wire rack to set.
10. For the buttercream, place butter in a bowl, and using an electric mixer, beat butter until pale.
11. Gradually add icing sugar mixture, milk and food colouring, beating until well combined.
12. Spread buttercream onto donuts, decorate with a Freddo, eyes, bones, green pearls and a straw.
• Alternatively, you can use your favourite store bought donut mix and follow the pack instructions or buy already made donuts.
#Freddo’s CauldronSearch results for #Freddo’s Cauldron
What you need
120g Plain flour
70g Caster sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
2 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
100 ml Milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
190g (3/4 cup) Unsalted butter (room temperature)
300g (1 & ¼ cup) Icing mixture
2 tbsp Milk
Few drops Green food colouring
1 bar Cadbury Baking Chocolate Cark
1 pack Coles Eyeball decorations
1 pack Edible green pearls
1 pack Edible bones