What you need
1½ cups flour
¼ cup CADBURY BOURNVILLE Cocoa
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
75g butter, softened
¾ cup caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon red food colouring
1 teaspoon vinegar
500g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, chopped and softened
½ cup caster sugar, extra
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
300ml thickened cream
½ -3/4 cup raspberry, orange or cherry flavoured liqueur , for drizzling
½ cup thickened cream, extra
225g CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate, chopped
Dark chocolate curls for decoration
1. SIFT together the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate soda. Place in a large bowl; add the butter, sugar, egg, buttermilk, food colouring and vinegar and mix to combine. Spoon the mixture into a 28cm x 18cm paper lined slice pan.
2. BAKE in a moderate oven 180OC for 25-30 minutes or until cooked when tested. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out of pan to cool completely. Store in an airtight container until required.
3. BEAT the PHILLY, extra sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until just combined. Add the cream and beat until whipped. Set aside.
4. COMBINE extra cream and dark chocolate in a saucepan and gently warm until melted and smooth to make a sauce. Cool slightly.
5. CUT the cake into 2cm cubes then arrange half in the base of a 3 litre serving bowl, drizzle with half the liqueur. Spread over half the philly and half the berries. Repeat with the remaining cake, liqueur and PHILLY mixture. Pour over the chocolate sauce then top with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Decorate with chocolate curls prior to serving
This is a festive dessert that may be made in easy stages a day before required.