What you need
1½ cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
125g butter, chopped
¼ cup caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
250g PHILADELPHIA Original Spreadable Cream Cheese
385g can caramel filling
100g CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate Melts
3 large ripe bananas, sliced
1. COMBINE the flour, salt, butter and sugar and process until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg and pulse to combine. Gently knead until smooth. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
2. ROLL out the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper to line a 26cm round fluted tart pan with a removable base. Prick well with a fork and bake in a hot oven 200°C for 15–20 minutes or until cooked and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
3. BEAT together the PHILLY and caramel filling until combined then spoon evenly over the pastry. Chill.
4. MELT two thirds of the chocolate gently in a bowl over simmering water. Remove from the heat then add the remaining chocolate, stir until smooth.
5. TOP the tart with bananas then drizzle with chocolate. Allow the chocolate to firm before slicing. Serve immediately.
Yes, Banoffee - it's short for banana and toffee - the most deliciously chocolaty sweet and creamy combination there is. Oozing with caramel and topped with real dark chocolate, it's sure to steal your heart away.