What you need
½ cup sultanas
½ cup raisins, chopped
¼ cup brandy
400g can sweetened condensed milk
225g CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate Melts
250g PHILADELPHIA Original Spreadable Cream Cheese
1 cup thickened cream
½ cup mixed glacé cherries, quartered
½ cup flaked almonds, toasted
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon mixed spice
1 cup thickened cream, extra
100g CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate Melts, extra
Mixed glacé cherries, extra, halved, for decoration
1. COMBINE the sultanas, raisins and brandy in a heatproof bowl, cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Carefully remove the cover, stir and cool.
2. COMBINE the condensed milk and chocolate in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the chocolate has melted. Transfer to a bowl and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
3. BEAT the chocolate mixture and PHILLY with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the cream and beat until soft peaks form. Fold through the dried fruit mixture, cherries, almonds and spices. Pour into a base lined 1.5 litre pudding bowl. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours.
4. FOR best results, decant the pudding some hours ahead by immersing three quarters of the bowl in hot water for 10–15 seconds to just loosen the ice cream. Invert onto a plate and use a metal spatula to smooth or create a decorative finish. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
5. COMBINE extra cream and extra chocolate in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until the chocolate has melted. Cool slightly.
6. Serve whole, decorated with a drizzle of Chocolate Sauce and extra glacé cherries before slicing.
A deliciously creamy chocolate ice cream Christmas Pudding made even more special with the addition of a rich chocolate sauce. This can be made in advance!