Recipe created by The Australian Women's Weekly Test Kitchen
1. Preheat oven to 120°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Mark a 20cm circle on paper. Turn paper, upside down, onto tray.
2. To make pavlova, place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on 80% power for 60-90 seconds, in bursts, until just melted. Cool slightly. Beat egg whites in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add caster sugar, beating until dissolved after each addition, and mixture is thick and glossy. Fold cornflour and vinegar through meringue mixture; spoon meringue inside marked circle on tray. Dollop with chocolate and using a pallet knife swirl chocolate through meringue. Bake meringue for 1¼ hours or until dry to the touch. Turn oven off, leave meringue to cool in oven with door ajar.
3. Meanwhile, to make choc-dipped strawberries, place extra dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on 80% power for 60-90 seconds, in bursts, until just melted. Dip strawberries a third of the way into chocolate and place on a sheet of baking paper. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
4. To make topping, place cream and white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on 80% power for 60-90 seconds, in bursts, until almost melted. Stir to combine; cool. Beat cream cheese and icing sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth; gradually beat in chocolate mixture until smooth and combined.
5. Just before serving, spoon topping on pavlova; decorate with choc-dipped strawberries and crumbled FLAKE bars.
Gather all the good children to help make these chocolate speckles. They are such fun to make, give and eat. Decorate them with your favourite Christmas themed sprinkles!