What you need
2/3 cup fruit mince
600ml thickened cream
½ cup milk
180g CADBURY Baking White Chocolate Melts
½ teaspoon vanilla
7 egg yolks
¼ cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons caster sugar, extra
Silver cachous, for decorating, optional
1. SPOON fruit mince into the base of 8 x ¾-1 cup ramekins.
2. COMBINE the cream, milk, chocolate and vanilla in a saucepan and gently heat, stirring, to a simmer. Remove from the heat.
3. WHISK together the yolks and sugar until thick and sugar has dissolved. Slowly add the hot chocolate mixture to the egg yolks, whisking continuously until combined.
4. DIVIDE mixture between ramekins. Place in a baking dish; carefully pour boiling water to halfway up the sides of the ramekins and then bake in a moderately slow oven 150°C for 50 minutes or until just set. Cool on bench for 1-2 hours before refrigerating until cold.
5. SPRINKLE top of each crème with extra sugar and then grill until caramelised. Serve immediately, decorated if desired.
These rich chocolate Crème Brûlée are a perfect alternative to Christmas pudding. You may like to make 12 smaller ones if they are the conclusion of a generous Christmas meal.