What you need
2⁄3 cup pure cream
150g CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate, extra, broken into pieces
4 eggs, separated
½ cup caster sugar
¼ cup cornflour
2 tablespoons CADBURY Bournville Cocoa
250g PHILADELPHIA Light Spreadable Cream Cheese
2 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
100g CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate, extra, melted and cooled slightly
50g CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate, extra, coarsely grated
6 CADBURY Flake® Chocolate Bars
Icing sugar, for dusting
Holly sprigs, for decoration
1. MELT together the chocolate and cream in a bowl over gently simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Stand ganache at room temperature for 2 hours before refrigerating until firm enough to spread.
2. BEAT the egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Sift the cornflour and cocoa onto the surface and lightly fold through the mixture.
3. BEAT the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Stir a quarter of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until smooth then fold through the remaining egg whites. Pour the mixture into a greased and lined 38cm x 25cm Swiss roll pan.
4. BAKE in a hot oven 200°C for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a clean tea towel, remove paper and roll up from a long edge. Place on a wire rack and leave rolled until cool.
5. BEAT the PHILLY and liqueur with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and beat until combined then fold in the grated chocolate. Set aside.
6. UNROLL the sponge, spread evenly with the PHILLY mixture and then roll up again. Cut a thick diagonal slice off one end of the sponge and attach it to the side to resemble a branch.
7. LIGHTLY beat the chocolate ganache with a metal spoon to thicken slightly then spread over the sponge. Cut or break the Flake® lengthways into long pieces and press lightly on the ganache to resemble bark. Use smaller pieces to fill the gaps. Refrigerate until firm. Dust with icing sugar and decorate with holly prior to serving.
This traditionally sweet French dessert is rolled, filled and served at Christmas.