What you need
4 egg whites
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup brown sugar, sifted
100g CADBURY Baking Milk Chocolate, broken into pieces
125g PHILADELPHIA Original Spreadable Cream Cheese
¾ cup icing sugar, sifted
1. BEAT the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the sugar beating well between each addition, until dissolved. Gradually beat in the brown sugar in the same way, until dissolved.
2. SPOON the meringue into a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm fluted nozzle and pipe 48 x 3cm rosettes onto paper lined baking trays.
3. BAKE in a very slow oven 120°C for 1¼ hours or until crisp and dry. Allow to cool in the oven with door ajar.
4. COMBINE the chocolate and butter in a bowl and stir over simmering water until melted. Remove from saucepan and cool.
5. BEAT the PHILLY and icing sugar together until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate mixture until just combined. Chill for 15 minutes.
6. SPOON 1 teaspoon of the PHILLY cream onto half the meringues and sandwich together with remaining meringues. Serve immediately.
TIP: Save some for later, if you can! Unfilled meringues love to be stored in an airtight container.
When it comes to love, it's all in a kiss – and these meringues are no exception! They're the perfect treat to serve with your next espresso...