Cadbury Dairy Milk, the number one selling chocolate block in Australia, is Fairtrade Certified™ and available to buy in supermarkets and retail outlets across the country.
With the same great taste, Fairtrade Certified™ Cadbury Dairy Milk, milk chocolate means you have more choice. And you’re not only treating yourself; your decision will help improve the lives of Fairtrade cocoa farmers and their families in developing countries.
Fairtrade Certified™ Cadbury Dairy Milk has been on shelves since 2010. This creates a fantastic opportunity for you to make a real difference to the lives of families in developing countries such as in Ghana.
Our Fairtrade commitment has generated significant social premiums for cocoa farmers. In 2009 and 2010, we were the world’s largest buyer of Fairtrade certified cocoa.
Fairtrade Certified™ Cadbury Dairy Milk, milk chocolate products are available in a variety of shapes and sizes for all occasions including: 50g bar, 100g, 200g, 350g blocks, and sharepacks.
Fairtrade makes a difference and provides a better deal for developing country farmers, producers and their communities through:
• The Fairtrade price - Fairtrade is the only third party certification system providing developing country farmers and producers with a designated fair price for their produce, helping protect them from damaging fluctuations in world market prices.
• The Fairtrade premium - Fairtrade is also the only system that provides farmers and producers with an additional sum of money for investment in social, economic and environmental development - helping them grow their businesses and invest in their communities by building roads, schools and hospitals.
• Environmentally sustainable farming methods
• Security of long-term contracts
• Improved working conditions
• Support in gaining knowledge and skills needed to operate successfully in the global economy
What We Have Achieved
Fairtrade Certified™ Cadbury Dairy Milk has helped catapult Fairtrade™ into the mainstream in Australia.
Our Fairtrade Certification has:
• Helped 55,000 member farmers in Ghana take part in farmer training
• They have also received equipment to help increase their productivity
• Mobile health checks in 100 communities have taken place
• Community projects with a focus on water and sanitation have been implemented
These projects have helped quadruple the volume of cocoa sold under Fairtrade terms in the country – and the investment was possible as a result of consumers choosing Fairtrade Certified Cadbury Dairy Milk milk chocolate.
The Fairtrade Label
A product is Fairtrade Certified™ if it carries the Fairtrade Label – an easy way for consumers to recognise and choose products that have met internationally agreed Fairtrade Standards.
Fairtrade Certified™ products must meet international Fairtrade standards which are set by the international body Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International. These standards are agreed through a process of research and consultation with participants in the Fairtrade system including producers themselves, traders, NGOs, academic institutions and labelling initiatives such as the Fairtrade Labelling Australia and New Zealand.
For more information visit www.fairtrade.com.au